|My fridge today, after the shopping|
Thanks to Sarah from Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity. I am starting a Grocery Challenge during March.
This is a great occasion as, even if I try to take a list of all my grocery expenses, I am not very organized and I usually arrive at the end of the month with an approximate amount of expenses....I need some self-discipline and this Challenge is a very good occasion to keep me on the right path.
I have some problems with tracking my Grocery Shopping:
The first problem is that I do not write down immediately the amount of the shopping ( I am a bit lazy in this...I know ) and I always try to keep all the receipts of the month together but, I don't know why ( or I know? ) at the end of the month there is always something missing.
The second problem is that I go shopping with a list, but I always spend more than expected. Why?
- is it because I do not have a specific detailed list?
- is it because I sometimes buy what's not on the list?
Well, this Challenge is the occasion to look for an answer.
This is what I decided for the month of March:
- I set an amount of € 350,00 for Grocery Shopping for our Family of 4 ( as I know that we usually spend more than € 400,00 each month )
- I will go shopping with a detailed list of what is really missing after having checked the pantry and the freezer
- I'll write a calculation of the expenses on this blog in order to get the situation under control
- I did my first shopping today for an amount of € 93,00. Remaining Euro 257,00
Note: We ate almost all the food in the pantry and in the freezer during the month of February and so we'll have to buy almost everything we need during March.
My fridge and my pantry are now well stocked and I am ready to start my first week of the challenge.
|My pantry today, after the shoopping|
Oh Oh, looking at these photos I realize that I need more organization, sorry!
Are you good at tracking your Grocery Shopping? Any advice?