|Simple Frugal Tips: DIY Christmas Decoration|
Actually, every little amount adds up and even a small amount of 10 Euro each month turns into 120 Euro a year and in 1.200 Euro for a period of 10 years!!!!
Today we want to share with you a list of 15 Frugal Tips that do not require effort as they are so simple. These are tips that work perfectly for our family as they do not change the way we live but, perhaps won't work for you, so, please, feel free to share with us your advice.
Let's go with the list:
1. we use microfiber or cotton sponges for the kitchen. They are washable and last much longer
2. we keep the empty bottle of liquid detergent for dishes and, once we buy the new one, we mix it with water ( 3/4 of detergent and 1/4 of water ) and we really do not notice the difference
3. once we decide that some clothes can not be sold or donated and must be thrown away, we remove buttons and zippers and store them for future repairs
4. we do the same with shoelaces ( so we do not have to buy them when we have to replace shoelaces on other shoes ! )
5. before throwing old clothes away, we cut well usable parts to make dust cloths or rags ( it depends on the fabric ). Rags are very useful when Mr. Frugal Italian Family is working at our DIY House Improvements
6. we normally use tablet detergent for our dishwasher and we ever use half tablet for each washing. It works really well with our dishwasher
7. we always reduce the recommended amount of detergent for the washing machine and we have now found the perfect quantity that works for us
8. we keep the good part of old towels, they are very useful when we need to do a quick cleaning of the bathroom
9. sometimes we use paper towels ( for outdoor trips ) and usually cut them into two parts, it works well for us and we can always use 2 parts if needed
10. before throwing away the bottles of shampoo or liquid detergent, we always add some water ( not too much ). This is enough for at least another washing .
11. we really like transforming old clothes in new useful things ( as gift bags etc. )
12. when cooking, we always check if it is possible to replace an expensive ingredient with a cheaper one or if we can go without it (our Frugal Homemade Bechamel Sauce is without butter )
13. some packs of biscuits have a silver paper inside . We keep it for Christmas decorations
14. Some clothes are sold in transparent plastic bags. We do not throw these bags away. They are very useful for different things
15. we love creating DIY gifts,well, actually we create DIT gifts just for people we know will appreciate them ( as the Christmas decoration on the photo )
Do you have any advice for us?